UAQ FREE TRADE LICENSE
Conveniently located within 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport, Umm Al Quwain FTZ is an investor-friendly, progressive free-zone established mainly to favor SMEs and micro-businesses, which will benefit from advantageous set-up costs, 100% company ownership and zero currency restrictions.
Types of licenses:
Types of licenses:
- Commercial License: import, export, distribution and storing of items specified on the license. A Commercial License can have three different product lines or 10 similar product lines.
- General Trading License: trade in a wider range of activities, giving the freedom and flexibility to trade in any commodity which is permitted within the UAE.
- Consultancy License: entities which offer expert or professional advice and is issued to all manner of professionals including artisans and craftsmen. It allows two similar activities.
- Freelance Permit: this allows an individual to operate as a freelance professional, and conduct business in one’s birth name as opposed to a brand name or company.
- Industrial License: import raw materials, then manufacture/ process / assemble / package the specified products, and export the finished product.
- Service License: carry out the services specified on the license within the Free Zone, such as Logistics; Courier Services; Insurance Service Provider; Travel Agency; Tour Services; Car Rental etc.
Legal entities under UAQ FTZ:
- Free Zone establishment (FZE) – a single shareholder.
- Free Zone Company (FZC) – two to 50 shareholders.
- A branch of an existing company.
- 0% corporate and personal tax.
- 100% company ownership.
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits.
- No share Capital Requirements.
- 100% import and export tax exemption within the Free Zone.
- Full range of business activities permitted.
- Simple and fast registration process.
- Office, warehouse and land availability.
- Close to two international airports and major sea ports.
- Investor-friendly rules and regulations.
- Ideal location for SMEs and micro-businesses.
Documents required to open a business in UAQ FTZ:
- Passport copy of the owner.
- Passport copy of shareholders/directors.
- Proof of home address of the owner/manager.
- Application form.
- Memorandum and articles of association.
- Certificate of incorporation.
- Board resolution and power of attorney.